Be it Mifepristone, Misoprostol, or any other abortion pill; the medications have a certain way of consumption. If the pills are not consumed as instructed, it may bring hurdles in the success of the medical abortion procedure. Hence, every woman undergoing the medical abortion procedure should be aware of how medicines are supposed to be administered.
If you have bought abortion pills online, you’ll surely find information on the internet regarding the correct ways of abortion pill consumption. This is a similar blog enlightening you on the safe intake methods of pregnancy termination medications.
Intake method of Mifepristone:
There’s only an intake method of Mifepristone that is oral. When you undergo a medical termination procedure for ending the first-trimester pregnancy, one pill of Mifepristone is suggested where its weight should be 200 mg.
You can take this medicine with a glass of water. Some women prefer taking it with milk. Make sure that you do not eat heavy food before administering the medicine. This is the only correct and safe method of consuming Mifepristone.
Intake method of Misoprostol:
Misoprostol is the second medicine that is taken during the medical abortion procedure.
When you take the pills buccally:
- Drink some water before you start administering Misoprostol pills
- From the four pills of Misoprostol, you can keep two pills each side of your cheek pouches
- Do not chew, crush or gulp the pills for the next 30 minutes
- When you let the pills remain in the cheek pouches, they slowly dissolve in the body
- If there are any remainders after 30 minutes of buccal consumption, you gulp them down
- Make sure that you do not vomit during these 30 minutes
- If you feel pukish, you can take pills out, vomit, and then again keep the pills in the cheek pouches
When you take the pills vaginally:
- Empty your bladder before you consume abortion pills vaginally
- Find a comfortable position to insert the pills in the vagina
- For this, you can squat, sit down or stand on one foot
- Now put all four medicines in the vagina, inserting one at a time
- If you struggle to insert the pills on your own, you can take help from your partner
- Do not urinate for the next half and hour once the pills are inserted
- With this, the pills slowly dissolve in the body and start working sooner
Both methods mentioned above are safe, and you can choose any of them to complete the medical abortion procedure. Both methods are equally effective. However, you should ensure that the gap between the consumption of the two medications is not more than 24 hours.
Though both methods of Misoprostol consumption are equally effective, you’ll find that most doctors suggest taking the medicines in the vaginal method. It is because there are no possible hurdles like vomiting, as you find in the buccal method. Nevertheless, if you take enough precautions, both ways Misoprostol works effectively. You can expect the after-effects of abortion pills within a few hours, which eventually removes pregnancy tissues from the body.